I love spaghetti squash.  I like it plain with butter, salt and pepper, but I especially like it with spaghetti sauce!  I just can't justify buying spaghetti sauce right now with a garden full of ripe tomatoes.  So my "experiment" today to try something new was to try making a spaghetti sauce.  Finding a recipe with fresh tomatoes was much more challenging than I thought it would be as some called for tomato sauce and/or tomato paste instead, or in addition to fresh tomatoes.  So I checked into a experimental mode and combined several parts of three different recipes, and here is what it ended up being:

Spaghetti Sauce:

1/4-1/2 finely diced onion

1/4 c finely diced celery

Green peppers approx. 1/4 c finely diced (Optional)

1/4 c finely diced celery (optional)

2 cloves of garlic, minced

Small amount of olive oil

2 c fresh tomatoes diced

1 can tomato sauce (next time I'm going to eliminate this to see if it will work without)

1 bay leaf (remove when serving)

Oregano  (I added about a heaping 1/2 tsp.)

basil (1/4 tsp)

salt (around1/2 tsp)

pepper (a few sprinkles)

Saute onions, celery, peppers and garlic in the olive oil.  Add to the remaining ingredients and simmer approx. 1 hour.

This recipe was totally experimental.  The end result for me was that though it was quite edible on my spaghetti squash topped with some fresh Parmesan cheese, it lacks or needs more or less of something to be where I want it to be.  Does anyone out there have a good homemade spaghetti sauce recipe using fresh tomatoes?  If so, please share or message me!  My exercise today was cutting both the front and back lawn.  Nite all!