Challenge Part 2 - A healthy recipe I want to try (Acrually I did recently make this and will be making it often)
Chinese Chicken Salad. https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/chinese-chicken-salad/#wprm-recipe-container-6637
This recipe for Chinese chicken salad is loaded with chicken, veggies, wontons and almonds, all tossed in a sesame ginger dressing. An impressive salad with a good blend of flavors and textures.
For the salad
- 4 cups green cabbage shredded
- 1 cup purple cabbage shredded
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions plus more for garnish
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted
- 3/4 cup wonton strips
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger finely grated
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
Place the green cabbage, purple cabbage, carrots, green onions, chicken and almonds in a bowl.
For the dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl; whisk until well combined.
Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture. Toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle the wonton strips and sesame seeds over the salad.
Garnish with sliced green onions, then serve immediately.