I love breakfast. And I love cookies. So I'm working on a healthy recipe for Healthy Breakfast Cookies that offers the perfect balance of high-quality protein, natural carbs, and healthy fat.
I'll post the recipe on Thursday!
UPDATE: here's the recipe...
Healthy Breakfast Cookies
- 1 cup powdered peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/4 cup protein powder
- 1/2 cup raisins or cranberries
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts (or other nuts)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, mix the peanut butter, water, honey, vanilla extract, mashed bananas, and cinnamon.
- Add the oats, protein powder, dried cranberries and nuts and mix until combined. Scoop about 1/4-cup mounds of the cookie dough onto the baking sheet, flattening each cookie slightly.
- Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes, until they’re golden brown.
- Remove cookies from the oven, then allow them to cool. Enjoy!
Serving size: 2 cookies
Fat: 4 g
Protein: 8 g
Carbs: 22 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 13 g
Sodium: 55 mg
Cholesterol: 90 mg