This is a great, much healthier alternative to traditional nachos - with excellent sources of natural carbs, healthy fat, and protein. Enjoy!
3 large sweet potatoes, peeled
1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
1 teaspoon each of paprika, chili powder, and garlic powder
1 (15) oz can of black beans, rinsed
1 tomato, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1 cup cheddar or mozzarella cheese, grated
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
Juice from 1 lime
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
For added protein, try adding diced chicken breast or shredded chicken.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice the sweet potato into 1/8 inch slices.
3. Toss the sweet potatoes with oil and spices and spread o a baking sheet.
4. Bake for 20 minutes and flip. Bake for another 10 minutes, until edges get crispy.
5. Remove from oven and top with beans, cheese, tomatoes, and onions. Return to oven until cheese is melted, about 5-8 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, make the Avocado Cilantro Cream Sauce: blend the avocado, yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, and 1 teaspoon salt in a food processor or blender until smooth.
7. Once nachos are out of the oven add the cream sauce.