A perfect combination of natural carbs, high-quality protein, and healthy fat. And so easy to make and you can make a batch for the week and then just grab and go!
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
1/4 cup white onion, finely diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 jalapeno pepper, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Non-stick coconut oil spray
To add starchy carbs, try roasted squash or sweet potatoes with this recipe.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a saute pan, heat coconut oil. Add onion and peppers and cook for about 2 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and water. Season with salt and pepper. Add the veggie mixture and stir until well combined.
3. In a regular muffin pan, spray with non-stick coconut spray oil. Evenly distribute the egg mixture into each muffin tin, filling them up 3/4 of the way full. You should get 8 muffins total.
4. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the muffins have turned light golden brown around the edges.
5. Serve immediately or store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, stick in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds.