This home-made breakfast bar recipe is a perfect way to start the day, as it's loaded with the right kind of carbs, fiber, protein, and healthy fat!
2 ripe bananas
2 medium eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup cooked quinoa
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup raisins
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
To add a little more protein, enjoy this bar with some Greek yogurt.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8 x 8 inch dish with parchment paper.
2. Mash the bananas and add them to a bowl with the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well.
3. Add the in the quinoa, oats and raisins and mix again. Finally stir in the chopped strawberries.
4. Transfer the mixture to the dish and bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until firm to touch.
5. Allow to cool before cutting into 9 squares.