You'll love this Spicy Tahini Sauce. It's vegan, gluten-free, super easy to make!
Tahini is a paste made from sesame seeds that’s packed with essential vitamins and minerals. In fact, here are the…
Top 10 Health Benefits of Tahini:
1. Rich in minerals such as phosphorus, lecithin, magnesium, potassium and iron.
2. A good source of methionine, which aids in liver detoxification.
3. An excellent source of calcium.
4. High in vitamin E and vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 and B15.
5. Helps promote healthy cell growth.
6. Prevents anemia.
7. Helps maintain healthy skin and muscle tone.
8. Has 20% complete protein, making it a higher protein source than most nuts.
9. Easy for your body to digest because of its high alkaline mineral content.
10. High in healthy, good fat.
1/2 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable broth
1 jalepeno or habanero pepper, seeded
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 cup tahini
1 cup water
1 lemon, juiced
Salt and pepper to taste
This goes really well on spaghetti squash, grilled veggies, and/or chicken and shrimp. Here are 3 other great uses for tahini:
1. Make a salad dressing with tahini, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and your favorite herbs and spices
2. Mix it into a stir-fry
3. Blend it with garlic, lemon juice, and chickpeas to make a delicious hummus
1. Heat a small skillet on medium and add olive oil or vegetable broth.
2. Stir-fry the garlic and peppers for about 3 minutes, then transfer to a blender.
3. Add tahini, water, and lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Process until smooth and add to spaghetti squash and/or grilled vegetables.