Tater tots are delicious, right?… but not exactly the best choice for fat loss. What if there was a recipe for tots that was jam-packed with nutrients and super low in calories? Oh there is, it’s below – and they’re delicious! They’re made from broccoli, and here’s why…
Broccoli offers a wide variety of health benefits, including its ability to fight cancer, improve digestion, lower cholesterol, detoxify the body, maximize vitamin and mineral uptake, prevent allergic reactions, boost immunity, protect the skin, lower blood pressure, and eliminate inflammation.
1 head broccoli
1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
1/3 cup chives, chopped
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
This recipe works well with cauliflower too!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Grate the broccoli into a medium bowl and season with a 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and mix well.
3. Mix broccoli with the breadcrumbs, chives, cheese, garlic, remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt, pepper, and egg until well combined.
4. Form the mixture into 16 even-sized tots and transfer to a wax paper baking sheet.
5. Bake for 20-24 minutes, flipping each halfway through. Enjoy!