This delicious (and easy) breakfast recipe below is designed to jumpstart your metabolism and burn fat throughout the day.
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 medium sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
Yams work well in this recipe as well (in lieu of sweet potatoes), and feel free to add any of your favorite veggies!
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Pour oil into baking dish. Place potatoes and onions over bottom of dish and bake until potatoes are just tender, about 20 minutes.
2. Arrange zucchini slices over potatoes and onions and then sprinkle peppers over all.
3. Crack eggs and egg whites together in a bowl and stir until well-combined. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and sprinkle with parsley.
4. Bake until eggs are set and sides are “puffy”, about 25 minutes.
5. Top should be golden brown. Serve warm and enjoy!