If you love apple or pecan pie, but don’t want to sabotage your success, you’ve got to try this Baked Apple with Walnuts dessert recipe!
Below you’ll also find an amazing stuffing recipe made of butternut squash and kale. It too is absolutely delicious and totally "Fast Track Approved!”
2 large apples
2 tablespoons brown sugar stevia (natural sweetener)
1 tablespoon butter, melted
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
⅓ cup apple juice
½ cup crushed walnuts
Crushed almonds or cashews also go great with this recipe!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut the apples in half and remove the core and seeds. Place the apples on a baking dish.
2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar stevia, butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. Spoon this mixture into the centers of your apple halves. Pour apple juice into the baking dish and top apples with crushed walnuts.
4. Bake apples for 40 to 45 minutes or until the apples are tender, basting them occasionally with the apple juice from the baking dish.
5. Optional: try topping with Greek yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup for additional protein and flavor!