To add more protein to this recipe, consider adding chicken, cottage cheese, or shrimp.
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Delicious and jam-packed with nutrients!
1. Pour olive oil in a pan on medium heat and then add the carrot, celery, and chopped onion for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add garlic, and cook for 1 minute; continue stirring.
3. Add paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cumin, and red pepper; cook for about a minute, stirring constantly.
4. Stir in chicken broth, water, and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add kale and sauerkraut to bean mixture.
6. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until kale is tender, stirring occasionally.
7. Ladle about 1 1/2 cups of kale and bean salad mixture into each of 4 bowls, and top each serving with 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt. Enjoy!