This is a complete meal of natural carbs, high quality protein, and healthy fat!
For the crust
• 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
• 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
• 2 egg whites
For the filling
• 4 egg whites
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
• 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
• 1/4 cup chopped green onion
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon paprika
Feel free to add other veggies to this recipe, such as tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 9-inch pie pan with natural non-stick cooking spray. Spread a clean tea towel on the counter for draining cauliflower.
2. Place cauliflower in a bowl and heat for 5 minutes. Transfer half of the cauliflower to a food processor. Dump the cauliflower on a towel, and repeat with remaining cauliflower.
3. Whisk the first 2 egg whites with the parmesan cheese in a medium bowl. Knead the cauliflower over the sink and twist the towel to squeeze out all the moisture.
4. Transfer cauliflower to the bowl with the egg whites and stir to mix. Spoon into the oiled pie pan and press down with the back of the spoon to form a crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the edges are browned.
5. Whisk the remaining egg whites and eggs in a large bowl. Wring water from the spinach and add to the eggs along with the feta, green onions, oregano and paprika.
6. Stir to mix, and pour into the baked shell. Smooth the top and bake for about 35–40 minutes, until the top is puffed in the center. Cool for five minutes before slicing into 8 pieces. Enjoy!