This recipe offers an excellent source of fibrous carbs, but could use a little more healthy fat and protein. Try adding grilled chicken, ricotta or cottage cheese, etc.
1 large eggplant, sliced into 1/2 inch round
Pizza toppings of your choice (sauce, cheese, etc)
No notes given.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place the eggplant rounds onto a clean dishtowel. Lightly salt each side of the eggplant rounds.
2. Let them sit on the towel for 15-30 minutes to "sweat" some of the water out. Press down on the eggplant slices with the towel to squeeze out some of the water.
3. Spray each side of the rounds with an all-natural olive oil spray and place the rounds onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
4. Bake for 20 minutes and then remove the pan, and top the rounds however desired (sauce, cheese, vegetables, etc.).
5. Place the pan back into the oven for about 10 minutes, until toppings have cooked through. Remove and enjoy!