This recipe is an excellent protein source. To make it a complete meal, add a little healthy fat and natural carbs, such as baked sweet potato fries.
• 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast sliced
into 1/2-inch strips
• 1 cup tomato sauce
• 1/3 cup distilled vinegar
• 2 tablespoons red (cayenne) pepper
• 2 tablespoons chili powder
• 4 teaspoons onion powder
• 4 teaspoons garlic powder (optional)
No notes given.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a baking dish, arrange the chicken "wings" in a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the "wings" are cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, to make the sauce, in a bowl, stir together the tomato sauce, vinegar, cayenne, chili powder, onion and garlic powders.
4. Using a fork or tongs, dip each baked "wing" into the sauce, coating completely and then return it to the baking dish.
5. Reduce the oven temperature to 250 degrees, then bake "wings" another 10 minutes or until crunchy.