This pizza serves as a complete meal, as it offers a good balance of protein, the right kind of carbs, and healthy fat.
• 1 head cauliflower
• 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
• 1/2 cup cornmeal
• 2 eggs
• 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
• 1/2 cup no-sugar barbecue sauce (get the recipe at https://community.fitera.com/recipes/view/1533)
• 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
• 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
• 1 red onion, sliced
• 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
Make extra BBQ sauce for dipping, it's so good!
1. Chop the cauliflower into medium pieces. Heat a large skillet over high heat and add oil.
2. Place the cauliflower in the hot oil, stir well, and place a lid on the skillet. Cook cauliflower for about 10-15 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. In a blender or food processor, place eggs, cornmeal, cauliflower, and seasoning and puree until you have a semi-smooth, thick batter.
4. Cover a pizza pan with parchment paper and pour batter into the center of the paper. Spread until you have about a 1/2-inch-thick crust.
5. Bake the crust for about 20 minutes, checking occasionally to keep from burning.
6. While crust is cooking, coat chicken with barbecue sauce. When the crust is golden brown, remove and top with barbecue chicken, half the cheese, red onion, and the rest of the cheese.
7.Bake for 10-15 minutes, then top with cilantro, slice, and serve!