This is a complete meal of natural carbs, protein, and healthy fat. Since it includes starchy carbs, it's best eaten at lunchtime.
1 medium spaghetti squash
1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup corn
1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1 tomato, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 avocado, chopped
To add more protein, try adding shredded chicken or shrimp.
1. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Place the squash halves cut-side up in a bowl.
2. Add 1/2-inch of water to the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for about 10 minutes, until the squash is soft. Let cool, then scrape up the strings from the flesh of the squash.
3. Preheat the broiler. In a bowl, stir together the beans and the corn. Add in the enchilada sauce. Stir in the greek yogurt, cheese, cilantro, tomato, and onion.
4. Pour half of the mixture into each of the squash halves and pull up on the spaghetti squash strings to combine the sauce with the squash.
5. Place on a baking sheet and broil for a few minutes, until heated through and the cheese is starting to melt.
Serve the squash topped with diced avocado, and enjoy!