This recipe offers a great balance of the right kind of carbs, protein, and healthy fat.
• 1 lemon, juiced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 4 pieces skinless, boneless chicken breast
• 1/2 cucumber, sliced
• 1 tomato, diced
• 1 cup greek yogurt
• 1/2 cup fresh dill
• Romaine, butter leaf, bib, or iceberg lettuce
• Salt and pepper to taste
This recipe goes well with shrimp or tofu as well, as a substitute for chicken.
1. Combine half the lemon juice with 2 cloves of minced garlic, olive oil, and paprika. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add it to marinade for 15 minutes.
2. In a food processor, combine the cucumber, greek yogurt, remaining lemon juice, 1 clove minced garlic, and dill, and puree.
3. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and cook for 10 minutes on each side, or until cooked all the way through. Slice the chicken and add it to the lettuce. Top with the tzatziki sauce and tomatoes.