Jicama is a great natural carb and this recipe has some healthy fat as well from the olive oil. To add protein, mix Greek yogurt with hot sauce as an excellent dip for these "fries".
1 Medium jicama
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon onion and/or garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
No notes given.
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel and slice jicama into 1/2-inch thick sticks - about the size of fench fries.
3. Pour the oil, salt, onion/garlic powder and chipotle powder into a medium-sized bowl and stir to combine.
4. Add the jicama sticks to the bowl and toss to coat well.
5. Place the jicama sticks on a baking sheet covered with waxed paper.
6. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, tossing about 15 minutes into it.
7. Remove from oven and squeeze lime on the “fries”. Enjoy!